Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall Albums


Added Bonus: Who knew that Noah and the Whale were sexy mofos?

All summer long we whined about the lack of new music, and the lack of good shows in the city. My god we are SUCH whiners. Just because we didn't know what the impending joys of fall music were, doesn't mean that they don't exist. I have had some quality time to listen to music at work recently (when they lay off 20 out of 35 people on your team, suddenly things become very quiet, and very busy). In the last few days I can't get enough of the following albums:

-Noah & the Whale: Peaceful, the World Lays me Down (the new Bishop Allen, who will be famous in about 2 weeks)
-Land of Talk: Some are Lakes (doesn't sound at all like Bon Iver, but deliciously different)
-Passion Pit: Chunk of Change (like the Black Kids meets Cut Copy or something)

Listen, my friends, and appreciate what you waited all summer for!

<3 Elephant

No comments: