Monday, September 22, 2008

Blitzen Trapper-Furr Out tomorrow...Finally!


Blitzen Trapper-Furr is out on Sub Pop tomorrow. I have been semi-obsessed with the title track since I heard it a few days ago. I know it sounds like all other indie folk blah blah blah, but I still really like it. I also am willing to bet that they will finally get really big this year, even though they have a few albums out already. Signing to Sub Pop was obviously a good thing for them, but a bad thing for us pathetic New Yorkers, since it means that they aren't playing a New York show until November 17th. And then its at Terminal 5 (seriously?? Why not Bowery or something even remotely decent? Webster Hall or Irving would have even been better). Worst of all they are opening for Iron and Wine. Sigh. I know this is insanely ethnocentric but most major bands start their post release tour in NYC. I know they were here last spring, but they are playing a handful of shows on the west coast and then they are off to Europe. Oh well, I guess I will have to decide if I feel like going or not....

No comments: