Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reliable Record Labels

One of the best ways to find new bands is to check out some of the bands on your favorite labels. Some people don't have favorite labels (gasp!) so I will help y'all out with a list of labels I like. Some of them are pretty big (like Arts & Crafts) while others are relatively small (like Park the Van). Size does matter in these cases because each band is a bigger risk, so sometimes relatively small labels have more interesting artists because they are hoping to find a strong niche. I could just be making that up, but it sounds right, doesn't it? So without further ado, here is my list of good labels:

-Arts&Crafts
-Jagjauwar
-Park the Van
-French Kiss
-Beggars Group (has a bunch of different small labels)

I will furth post when I find other good labels...