Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Few Words on Music Videos

I am vocal about my dislike of music videos, because frankly, they are incredibly lame. The VAST majority of the time I find that the music is so much brighter in darkness than with some shitey video. There are a few rare instances that I feel the video really does justice to the song. One of those videos is for Feist's "1234", I have an obsessive love of this song, and the video is perfect. In contrast, I vehemently hate the video for Feist's "I Feel it All" the other of Leslie's songs with which I have a creepy love affair. I think the video is by the same person. Weird.

The other video that I think is truly phenomenal was submitted by two young men to "Said The Gramaphone's" "Wonderful Video Contest". Here is the link:

http://www.vimeo.com/666167/


So go forth, and appreciate the beauty of the song and the execution of the vision.

<3 The Elephant

No comments: