Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Return!


Hi Bloggies!!

I missed you! Work got a little bit out of hand for a while there and I couldn't write. Fear not though, because while work sucks, my music listening time really gets maximized. I just wanted to direct you to the cover of Under the Radar Magazine this month. I <3 it....I have been supporters of Vampire Weekend (even as the critics get bitchy about their success), The Dodos and Fleet Foxes for what feels like a long time. The first time I saw Vampire Weekend was at Unoin Hall in April '07, I was in awe. They deserve every ounce of credit they have received. As for Fleet Foxes....I was a little behind on picking them up. I had Ragged Wood, which came from a friend, but it wasn't until Sun Giant that I really got into them. Ironically, the first time I saw them was at Union Hall also (I love that place!!!). They were fucken incredible. We were all blown away. The Dodos remain to be the just about the best live band I have ever seen, they have energy, skill and presence. I saw them at Union Pool in January 08, and loved them so much I started a blog about music. So there you go. Go buy Unde the Radar.

More musing on music in oh eight to come!!!

<3 The Elephant

No comments: