Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Little Ones: a few quick words


They are totally this smiley on stage too. And they sound like a modern Partridge Family

I saw The Little Ones twice during the summer of 2006, the first time they opened for The Figurines, and the second time....I can't remember. All I can tell you is that they played Mercury lounge twice, and they were so good the first time, that I went again that week to see them.

Live they are smiling, boisterous and happy. It was such a pleasant departure from the sullen nyc bands that I had been seeing all summer (alone, I might add, I had only been in the city for a few weeks when I saw them). I just have a bunch of random songs by them on my iTunes, but they released "Morning Tide" yesterday. Its probably some really happy, calming pop. Check them out at Mercury Lounge 10/16.

<3 The Elephant

No comments: